Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Trudy's Quilt


Over the weekend I finished quilting two quilts :-)  I'm very happy but I really need quilting practice!  It's hard to get use to the Sweet Sixteen Handi Quilter.  But I suppose 'practice makes perfect'.

So what did I finish quilting?



My little charm square quilt!  I'm so happy with it (except for how the quilting looks on the back of the quilt).  Every time I come down the stairs and see it on the couch, waiting to be bound, I am blown away by the quilting pattern.  It's obviously not perfect because I'm still learning but I do love all the swirls, they're so pretty.  




So, who is Trudy and why is she getting a quilt?  Trudy is my boyfriends mum.  She was totally blown away by the Bali quilt I made for Chris and she keeps sneaking a peek at it so I decided to make one for her.  This quilt was already in the works but it needed a home.  So I asked Chris what colours she loved and he named a few but he did mention light blue pink and reds.  Instantly, I knew this quilt had found a home!  She's seen photos because Chris shows her them every time I give him an update.  She's very excited to get this quilt but unfortunately with exams over the next week and a half it might have to wait a little since my binding pile has reached four!  I'm so pleased.  It's really nice to be so close to finishing.


Also just wanted to share the backing fabric which I love.  I bought it from equilter.com


This quilt still needs a name.  I'm hoping it will come to me while I bind it.

No comments: