I started on a new quilt yesterday. Now that I have time off I went through my stash to think of a new project. Mum is working on a scrap quilt and I'm very jealous. I did decide to make a scrap quilt but that's not the reason I'm writing this post. I've had some fabric in my stash for a very long time. From maybe, 2004? That's a long time to have fabric in your stash. So, I decided to bust it out and make something. One of the reasons why I haven't made anything with them is that they are fairy fabric. I loved fairies as a girl and as I've grown older I thought I had outgrown making a quilt out of the fabric. However I decided to make a quilt that would remind me of my childhood. I suppose its a way to hold on to my inner child.
So much pink and so many flowers but I'm so excited about this quilt. I can't wait to get it finished. I'm still not sure whether I will use sashing. I think I will because it will be a little small. I should have enough white. Any other colour will be too much. I will post pictures when I've made progress :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment